Sunday 11 November 2018

Am I of You or You of Me?


Behind me walks my shadow

A reflection of what I am

Becoming a silhouette beside

With my waxing and waning light!

 

You catch me unaware

Or just accompany me everywhere

Perhaps, leave me alone at times

Am I of you or you of me, I wonder?

 

Two companions apparently stuck

Yet one disappears unannounced

If I were to catch you

You just suddenly twirl and disappear!

 

Am I of you or you of me?

Are you more enormous than me?

Dwarf-like or gigantic can be your dimensions

Guess it’s all up to me!

 

To lead or be led by you,

I choose the latter many a times

I am at the lowest trough

Only to bounce back each time.

 

You are of me

Or that’s how it should be –

Emanating from my light,

My companion – as long as I wish,

To be a dull outline behind,

Behind the vast fiery build…

A miniscule reflection of me

Not over-arching, only a minor projection

Of what I permit in whatever degree.